- Practice Commenced: 1975
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 250
Andy Sims is an experienced arbitrator and mediator practicing throughout Western Canada. Based in Edmonton, he served 9 years as Chair of the Alberta Labour Relations Board plus 21 years as a Vice Chair. He also sat as a Vice Chair of the Canada Industrial Relations Board for 3 years and Chair of the Alberta Public Service Employee Relations Board for 3 years.
In addition to his extensive labour board experience, Andy Sims has chaired hundreds of rights arbitrations, human rights proceedings, Canada Labour Code adjudications and similar proceedings with about 100 selected for publication in the Labour Arbitration Cases. He has chaired many interest arbitrations, conciliation boards and similar proceedings. He has arbitrated a national rail dispute and recently acted as Conciliation Board Chair in the 2014-15 Saskatchewan Teachers’ dispute.
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas/Nuclear)
- Pensions / ERISA
- Workplace Rights
- B.A. University of Alberta - 1971
- LL.B. University of Alberta - 1974
- Alberta Q.C. - 1990
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member - National Academy of Arbitrators
- Member - Arbitrators Association of British Columbia
Please call for details